How do I get Healthy Blue Living℠ enhanced benefits?
Who is this for?
If you're a Healthy Blue Living or Healthy Blue Living Rewards℠ member, this information explains what you need to do to get intermediate or enhanced benefits.
When you work towards earning the Healthy Blue Living plans’ intermediate or enhanced benefits, you’re not just getting a chance to improve your health. You'll also get lower copays and deductibles, too. Here’s what you and your covered spouse need to do to qualify, and when you need to do it.
New members will automatically get enhanced benefits to start. To keep those lower deductibles and copays, just complete the requirements within the first 90 days.
Renewing members will start the year with whatever benefit level they ended with the previous year.
What you need to do
Within 90 days of the beginning of every plan year, you and your covered spouse will need to:
- Make an appointment with your primary care physician.
- Have your doctor complete the qualification form and electronically submit it to us.
- Complete your online health assessment.
If you or your covered spouse use tobacco or have a BMI (body mass index of 30 or more), you’ll need to do these things, too.
- Actively participate in our tobacco cessation program throughout the year until you quit.
- Sign up for and actively participate in one of our sponsored weight management programs throughout the year until you get your BMI below 30.
You’ll have four months (120 days) from the beginning of your plan year to start participating in these programs if needed.