How do I meet my health targets?
Who is this for?
If you're a Healthy Blue Living℠ HMO or Healthy Blue Living Rewards℠ member, this information will help you learn what resources are available to help you meet the plan's health targets.
We want our members to be healthier. That’s why Blue Care Network created the Healthy Blue Living plan and the rewards that go with it: lower out-of-pocket costs.
We don’t expect you to do it on your own. We give you free tools and resources to reach the plans' health targets.
Weight management programs
Need to work on lowering your BMI (body mass index) to meet plan requirements? We have two programs you can choose. Select one to learn more about the program, and how to sign up and participate.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Blue Care Network covers the cost of one program per member.
- Your doctor has to email or fax us your Qualification Form showing your BMI is 30 or more before you can sign up.
- To qualify for intermediate or enhanced benefits, sign up within four months (120 days) of the beginning of your plan year. Then you need to start participating within a week of registration.
- Whichever program you choose, you’ll have to stick with it throughout the plan year or until your BMI drops below 30 to get enhanced benefits.
Quit the Nic
If you need help quitting tobacco and you're enrolled in a Healthy Blue Living plan, Quit the Nic is available to you. It's our telephone-based coaching program. Learn more here.
- Partner with you for the four- to six-week program.
- Based on your availability, schedule a 10- to 30-minute telephone coaching session each week.
- Create a personal plan that can include helpful information mailed to you, nutritional counseling and meal planning and tips on stress management.
If you’d like a health coach, just call 1-888-772-7147 or email email@example.com.
* Blue Care Network is committed to helping you achieve your best health status. Rewards for participating in our wellness program, Healthy Blue Living, are available to all members. If you think you might be unable to meet a standard or requirement for a reward under this wellness program, you might qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means. You can work with your BCN primary care physician to find an alternative that is right for you in light of your health status.
Consult with your BCN primary care physician before starting any regular exercise or weight-management program.