How do I get Healthy Blue Living℠ enhanced benefits?
Who is this for?
If you're a Healthy Blue Living member, this information explains what you need to do to get intermediate or enhanced benefits.
When you work towards earning Healthy Blue Living requirements, you’re not just getting a chance to improve your health. You'll also get lower copays and deductibles, too. Here’s what you and your covered spouse need to do to qualify, and when you need to do it.
New members automatically have enhanced benefits to start. To keep those lower deductibles and copays, just complete the requirements within the first 90 days.
Renewing members start the year with whatever benefit level they ended with the previous year. On the 91st day after renewal, members who don't meet the initial requierments have standard benefits. Standard benefits have higher out-of-pocket costs.
What you need to do
Within 90 days of the beginning of every plan year, you and your covered spouse will need to:
- Make an appointment with your primary care physician.
- Have your doctor complete the qualification form and electronically submit it to us.
- Complete your online health assessment.
If you or your covered spouse use tobacco or have a BMI (body mass index of 30 or more), you’ll need to do these things, too.
- Actively participate in our Quit the Nic program throughout the year until you quit.
- Sign up for and actively participate in one of our weight management programs throughout the year until you get your BMI below 30.
You’ll have four months (120 days) from the beginning of your plan year to start participating in these programs, if needed.