HMO / Blue Care Network
At Blue Care Network, we provide coverage that helps you stay healthy and takes care of you when you’re sick or injured. If you're currently a member or you’re just looking at what we have to offer, you can find information about us and the quality health care benefits we provide in the articles below.
You’ll find useful information about:
- Health care benefits and getting care
- Prescription drug coverage
- The benefits of choosing a Blue Care Network HMO
- The plans we offer
As a member, you can enjoy the benefits of belonging to the only HMO backed by the reputation and security of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
At any time, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, call Customer Service at 1-800-662-6667 and we'll help.
Find other ways to contact Blue Care Network here.
Frequently asked questions
About my HMO
- Why choose Blue Care Network?
Flexibility, credibility and member-centered care are just some of the reasons to choose Blue Care Network. Learn more.
- Members talk about Blue Care Network
These members' testimonials make it clear how Blue Care Network has worked for them.
- What do I need to do to get started with my HMO plan?
Getting started with one of our HMO plans? Just follow these few simple steps to get the most out of your coverage.
- BCN 65 FAQ
Get answers to questions about BCN 65, our HMO plan for people over 65 enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B.
Understanding my benefits
- How to use your HMO benefits
Do you have an HMO health insurance plan? Learn about your benefits and how to get care.
- How do referrals work in my HMO plan?
Learn how to get referrals from your primary care physician and what you need them for.
- Are my visits to the emergency room covered?
Learn about the types of emergency room visits we cover.
- Why don’t you cover the procedure my doctor is suggesting?
Get information on how we make decisions about covering services and procedures.
- Why did I get a bill from the hospital or my primary care physician?
Confused about why you received a bill? We can help you understand.
- Can I see a specialist I’ve seen before?
Learn about our policies for covering specialist visits here.
- Why do you list doctors with closed practices in your directories?
We list doctors with closed practices in our directories because they accept Blue Care Network patients under certain circumstances. Learn more here.
- How quickly can I expect to get a doctor’s appointment?
If you are an HMO plan member, find out what to expect when scheduling your doctors' appointments.
- How to get care while you're traveling
Find out how to take your health care benefits with you no matter where you travel.
- What is the Health Advocate™ program?
Our Health Advocate program helps Blue Care Network members sort through complex coverage issues.
Managing my account
- How can I resolve a problem with my HMO coverage?
Learn how to report a problem with your claim using the grievance and appeals process.
- Do I need to inform Blue Care Network if I have additional health insurance?
Learn why it's important for you to tell us about all of your active health care coverage and how we can help you coordinate your benefits.
- How can I understand my Blue Care Network prescription drug benefits?
If you have prescription drug coverage through Blue Care Network, we help you to easily figure out your benefits.
- Why won’t you cover the drug my doctor prescribed?
Learn more about our prescription drug policies and what steps you can take to get coverage.
- How do I know if my plan covers my prescription drug?
Find out if your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network plan covers your prescription drug.
Plan documents and forms
- Blue Care Network Handbooks and Brochures
Blue Care Network members can get the information they need about our plans and options in one convenient place.
- Healthy Blue Living℠ BCN Qualification Form
Fill out the Blue Care Network qualification form with your doctor to enroll in a Healthy Blue Living or Healthy Blue Living Rewards health care plan.
- Blue Care Network Individual Member Change of Status Form
Blue Care Network members with individual health care plans should use this form to add members to their plan or change their address, name or coverage.