Can I transfer my other health savings account to a HealthEquity® HSA?
If you already have a health savings account, or HSA, at another financial institution, it’s easy to open a HealthEquity HSA and transfer your funds.
First, check with your current financial institution to make sure you meet their requirements for transferring funds.
If you want to close your existing HSA
- Fill out an HSA Rollover Request Form (PDF).
- Mail the rollover form and the check from your closed HSA to the address on the form. The money will be deposited in your new HealthEquity HSA.
- Want to avoid a tax penalty on the funds from your closed account? Make sure your rollover is completed within 60 days.
If you want to leave your existing HSA open
- Fill out an HSA Transfer Request Form (PDF).
- You can transfer money from your existing HSA to your HealthEquity HSA as many times as you’d like in a 12-month period.
- Fund transfers can take time, perhaps up to 60 days. If you need to use your money right away for medical expenses, check with your institution to find out how long the transfer will take.