Can I transfer my other health savings account to Healthy Blue HSA℠?
If you already have a health savings account, or HSA, at another financial institution, it’s easy to open a Healthy Blue HSA and transfer your funds.
First, check with your current financial institution to make sure you meet their requirements for transferring funds.
If you want to close your existing HSA
- Fill out a Healthy Blue HSA Rollover Request Form (PDF).
- Mail the rollover form and the check from your closed HSA to the address on the form. The money will be deposited in your new Healthy Blue HSA.
- Want to avoid a tax penalty on the funds from your closed account? Make sure your rollover is completed within 60 days.
If you want to leave your existing HSA open
- Fill out a Healthy Blue HSA Transfer Request Form (PDF).
- You can transfer money from your existing HSA to your Healthy Blue HSA as many times as you’d like in a 12-month period.
- Fund transfers can take time, perhaps up to 60 days. If you need to use your money right away for medical expenses, check with your institution to find out how long the transfer will take.