How do Blue Dental℠ individual plans work?
Who is this for?
If you're shopping for dental or dental and adult vision coverage for you and your family, this explains some of the features of our plans.
If you purchase your own health insurance, you may have noticed that some health care reform plans only cover medical and children's vision benefits. These plans meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
To complete your coverage, you can add a Blue Dental plan, even if you don't buy your health insurance through us. Here's what else you should know about these plans.
Who's covered by Blue Dental plans?
It depends on which plan you choose. We have plans that:
- Provide dental coverage for all ages.
- Provide dental coverage for all ages, and vision coverage just for members who are age 19 and older.
- Provide dental coverage just for members who are age 18 or younger when the plan starts.
You do need to live in Michigan at least six months of the year to be eligible for a Blue Dental plan.
What benefits do I get?
All our Blue Dental plans cover the following:
- Class I services: preventive care like exams and cleanings.
- Class II services: basic restorative work like fillings and crowns.
- Class III services: major restorative work like dentures and bridges.
They don’t cover orthodontic services like braces.
If you purchase one of our Blue Dental plans with adult vision, the benefits include:
- An annual eye exam
- Coverage for eyeglasses or contacts.
For more details about what Blue Dental plans cover, see the plan brochure on the benefits tabs of the individual plan pages.
What do Blue Dental plans cost?
Your monthly payment depends on the number of people you have on your plan and which plan you choose.
The best way to get a price is to visit the Blue Dental plan page and click Get a Quote.