How to get reimbursed for generic contraceptive prescriptions
Who is this for?
If you want to get a generic prescription drug claim for contraceptives reimbursed, please follow these five steps.
Beginning Aug. 1, 2012, you can obtain generic contraceptives and pay no copayments or coinsurance, and no deductibles, when your doctor writes a prescription and you have it filled at a network pharmacy.
As we work to update our claims systems, here's what you need to do to have generic prescription drug claims reimbursed between Aug. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012:
- Get a written prescription from your doctor for a generic contraceptive.
- Fill your prescription at an in-network pharmacy (you will need to pay out of pocket).
- Keep the pharmacy receipt that's attached to your prescription that includes the name of the drug, the National Drug Code, the pharmacy name and the amount you paid.
- Call Customer Service at 1-888-288-2738 to request a Women's Preventive Application for Payment form.
- Fill out the form, then submit the form and copies of the pharmacy receipts via fax or mail to the number or address that's on the claim form. You should receive your reimbursement check within 30 days after we receive your claim.
Please call Customer Service at 1-888-288-2738 to request a claim form or if you have any questions.