Application for Individual Coverage
Who is this for?
If you're ready to apply for one of our individual and family plans, use this application.
Found one of our individual and family plans that's right for you? Although applying online is usually the best way to sign up, you may be able to use this paper application to apply. Here's how to get started.
What to do:
First, make sure you can buy a plan. You can only do this:
- During open enrollment. For 2016, open enrollment was Nov. 1, 2015, to Jan. 31, 2016.
- If you've had certain changes in your life circumstances that mean you're eligible for special enrollment.
Second, check to see if you're eligible for a subsidy. That's financial assistance many people can get from the government that lowers the cost of your plan. You can find out if you qualify by taking a few minutes to use our subsidy estimator.
If you're not eligible for a subsidy, you can apply online or use this application to apply for any of our 2016 plans except multi-state plans.
If you want to apply for a plan using a subsidy or a multi-state plan, please apply online or call a health plan advisor at 1-855-237-3501.
What you'll need:
- Social Security number or tax ID number and date of birth for everyone who'll be covered by the plan
- A credit card if you want to make your first payment that way
- A printer to print the form
- An envelope and postage to mail the form
- Individual and family health insurance - check out our MyBlue℠ plan options designed to fit your health care needs and your budget.
- How to purchase individual health insurance
- How can I know I'm purchasing the right health insurance policy
- Health Insurance 101