Drug Lists for 2014 Individual and Family and Small Group Plans
Who is this for?
If you want to see if your 2014 health plan covers a medication, check one of these drug lists, also called formularies.
These drug lists are for people who buy their own insurance (individual and family plans) and for people insured through an employer with 50 or fewer full-time employees (small group employer-sponsored plans).
Preventive drug coverage
The Affordable Care Act is changing how most insurance plans cover preventive drugs. Some drugs, such as contraceptives, may not cost you anything.
- Preventive drug coverage (PDF): These are preventive drugs that are covered with $0 copay. Use this along with the drug list below.
Custom Select Drug List
For Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO and Blue Care Network HMO plans:
- Comprehensive List (PDF): A complete list of covered drugs for PPO and HMO plans
- Custom Select Drug List Quick Guide (PDF): The most commonly prescribed drugs for PPO and HMO plans.
For Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO plans only:
- Custom Select Drug List Quantity Limit Program (PDF): A list of medications with 30- and 90-day quantity limits. Use this list if you're in an individual or small group plan that's new for 2014.
- Custom Select Drug List Updates (PDF): An updated list of covered drugs. It is a supplement to the Custom Select Drug List. Use this to keep up-to-date on the most appropriate and affordable care.
- BCBSM Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Guidelines (PDF): A list of prescription drugs that require prior authorization or step therapy before our plans will cover them.
- Custom Select Drug List Alternatives for Most Common Drug Exclusions (PDF): Use this list to find alternatives to drugs commonly excluded from the Custom Select Drug List.
For Blue Care Network HMO plans only:
- Tier 1A Value-Preferred Generics List (PDF): Generic drugs are grouped into two tiers for HMO plans that use the Custom Select Drug List. Tier 1A drugs have the lowest copayment.
- The BCN Custom and Custom Select Drug List Updates (PDF) includes monthly updates to the BCN Custom Select Drug List.
- BCN Custom Select Drug List Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Guidelines (PDF): A list of prescription drugs that require prior authorization or step therapy before your plan will cover your medication.
Use this drug list for the following plans that begin on or after Jan. 1, 2014. You’ll find more information about the prescription coverage for each plan by following the plan page links.
Individual and family plans
- Blue Cross® Partnered: Bronze, Silver or Gold
- Blue Cross® Select: Value, Bronze, Silver or Gold
- Blue Cross® Preferred: Bronze, Silver or Gold
- Blue Cross® Premier: Value, Bronze, Silver or Gold
- Blue Cross® Silver, a Multi-State Plan
- Blue Cross® Gold, a Multi-State Plan
Small group employer-sponsored plans