Who is this for?
If you need to buy your own health insurance, use this tool to find out if you can get financial assistance in 2014.
Many people who buy their own health insurance will get help paying for it in 2014. Will you be one of them?
A subsidy is a kind of assistance that helps you pay for something - in this case, health care. You can use our subsidy estimator to find out if you may be eligible for financial assistance from the government. You only need to tell us four things:
- The number of adults that will be insured by your plan and their ages
- The number of household members age 21 and younger that will be insured by your plan
- Your household income
- The county you live in
Knowing if you'll get a subsidy can make a difference in how you choose individual health insurance for 2014. It's just like shopping for anything else. You have more options when you know you'll be saving money.
- Health Care Reform FAQ for Individuals
- What's the difference between group and individual coverage?
- Buying Individual Health Insurance FAQ
- Individual and family health insurance - check out our MyBlue℠ plans designed to fit your health care needs and your budget.