When we can help people get better or feel better faster, it makes everyone around them feel better, too. We've worked hard to develop programs for our members that show just how much we care about their health--and that help keep costs down, too.
The only way to stay healthy is to stop illness before it starts. We offer several things to help you do that.
- Preventive benefits: Most of our plans cover important health screenings and immunizations. Check your benefits to see what's available to you.
- Guidelines to Good Health for adults and children: We send out our Guidelines to Good Health (PDF) once a year. It recommends tests covered by your insurance that can prevent illness and detect medical conditions early.
- Reminder cards: We mail you reminders when it’s time for immunizations, flu shots, pneumonia vaccines, cancer screenings and annual exams.
- Blue365®: gives you access to trusted health and wellness resources, like informative webinars. You'll also receive big savings on health and wellness products, including weight management programs and gym memberships.
Living with illness
Management is the key to living with a chronic medical condition.
We teamed up with our primary care physicians to develop programs that give you the tools you need to manage your condition and achieve the best possible quality of life. They include:
- Heart disease management program
- Congestive heart failure management program
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease program
- Depression management program
- Diabetes management program
- Kidney health management program
For more information, please read "How does chronic condition management work?"
Programs for getting better
We’re there to support you when you need us. We have many programs in place to help you through your recovery. They include:
- Behavioral health: You can contact our care managers at any time for help with behavioral health and substance abuse problems. You don’t need a referral from your primary care physician.
- Case managers: Our nurses will assess your situation and develop a care plan with you and your doctor. We have nurse specialists for heart disease, high-risk pregnancies, oncology, transplants and renal management.
- Follow-up after hospital stays: Our nurses work closely with you, your family and your doctor when you need additional care after you’re discharged from the hospital. They'll help you make sure you understand your medical condition, your medications and the need to see your doctor.
You can see a complete list in our Getting Better section.