Who we are
- Blue Care Network of Michigan is a nonprofit health maintenance organization.
- We’re owned by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- We’ve been around since 1998.
- We have nearly 700,000 members.
- Our network includes more than 5,000 primary care physicians, nearly 17,000 specialists and most of the state's leading hospitals.
What we do
We want you to have affordable health care and a better quality of life.
Here are some of the ways we accomplish these goals:
- BlueHealthConnection® gives our members over 90,000 tips and tools to improve their health and wellness.
- Approximately 6,000 members used one of our management programs in 2012.
- Nearly 100,000 members are enrolled in Healthy Blue Living℠, our innovative wellness-based health care plan.
- Nearly 30,000 prescriptions were reviewed by our pharmacy staff in 2013 to make sure that the right drug was given to the right patient at the right time.