Our Total Health Philosophy
Looking for the right health insurance plan can be challenging. Like many businesses across the state of Michigan, your company is probably balancing its financial needs with the interests of your employees and their health care.
At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, we have an approach to health care that gives higher quality care, lowers costs and addresses your most challenging issues.
We call it Total Health Engagement. It’s a philosophy that focuses on innovative health insurance plan design, better ways of providing care and dedicated health support. We think this model:
- Builds on the trusted relationship between patients and their doctors
- Rewards doctors for caring about health, not units of service
- Improves health care quality, cost efficiency and outcomes
- Aligns health care plans and programs to people’s needs
Plans for healthy employees, healthy budgets
We offer health insurance plans that reward healthy living by offering lower premiums and deductibles. When your employees take part in healthy activities or reach and maintain a health goal, they can get financial perks.
It’s all designed to give your employees the flexible health plans they’ll need to keep an eye on their health and their budget.
Quality care, managing costs
You may know that we give your employees access to the largest network of doctors and hospitals in Michigan. But did you know that we have programs that help doctors and hospitals manage costs while improving the quality of care for your employees?
Our collaborative Value Partnerships are one way we work to achieve better patient care and lower benefit costs for companies. We do that by rewarding doctors and health care professionals who:
- Use care methods proven to get positive results
- Coordinate their patients’ total care with a health care team
- Help patients manage chronic conditions and make healthy lifestyle choices
- Give the best level of care at the lowest possible cost
We support healthy choices
We believe that giving employees the right information helps them stay healthy. So we provide easy access to wellness and care management tools like BlueHealthConnection®. It includes an online health assessment, digital health-coaching programs and health improvement programs, such as complex chronic condition management and case management.
We do this to make sure your employees understand what good health looks like and how they can achieve it.
- Log in to Group Secured Services to try the tools available in BlueHealthConnection.
- Learn more about BlueHealthConnection and other online health resources.
Total health is our goal
We build strong relationships between employees and their health care professionals. We strive to deliver the highest-quality care. And we support our customers in their quest for healthy lives.
It’s all part of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s total health philosophy. It’s how we offer the best health care resources to meet your company’s needs.
- Are you looking for a way to help your employees save money and live healthier? Our Healthy Blue Xtras℠ savings program can help you do that. From groceries and fitness gear to yoga and gym packages, your employees can find savings on all kinds of things that support healthy, balanced lifestyles.
- Healthy Blue Choices is our suite of health insurance plans that aims to motivate people to live healthier lives. We do that by rewarding healthy behaviors with with lower deductibles, premiums or other rewards.