||Employer group plan
||Additional prescription drug coverage available
- Self-referral option lets employees choose a primary care physician but get care from any doctor or specialist they want to see within the state of Michigan.
Blue Elect Plus is an HMO plan that gives your employees more choices to meet their unique health and financial needs.
Your employees will pay the least out of pocket when they get care from a doctor in our network. They’ll pay the most when the doctor doesn’t belong to our network. It’s up to them to decide what works best.
Blue Elect Plus is an HMO plan with a self-referral option. Employees can get care from other doctors or specialists without a referral from their primary care physician. The plan features:
- Comprehensive benefits, both in and out of network
- Employees will pay more for services from a doctor who is not in our network.
- Some preventive care services are only covered in our network.
- Employees will need to get approval for certain services regardless of whether the doctor is in our network or not, i.e., hospitalization and outpatient therapy.
- If employees get care from an out-of-network doctor, they may be billed for the difference between Blue Care Network’s approved payment amount and the doctor’s charges.
- Preventive care and services that are covered in network only include:
- Periodic well-child and adult physical exams
- Annual well-woman exams
- Pediatric and adult immunizations, including flu vaccines*
- Nutritional advice
- Vision and hearing screening
- Routine cancer screenings, including colonoscopy* and mammography*
*These services are covered out of network. Deductible and coinsurance apply.