Workplace Wellness Toolkit
Looking for ways to reduce health care costs? Think you’ve tried everything? How about going directly to the source: your employees.
Employee health affects both your budget and theirs. With this toolkit from Blue Care Network, you can lead employees to tips on healthier living, and help them think about it.
Select a topic below to learn more:
Often employees know they should be healthier, but aren’t sure where to start. Or they just need some encouragement. When you have employer-sponsored health care through Blue Care Network, you can leave it to the experts. Our certified health educators are happy to come to you with free educational events for your employees.
- Lunch and Learn sessions featuring 25 to 45-minute presentations on topics like blood pressure, quitting smoking and stress management
- A health fair that offers one screening (there are five to choose from) and educational materials on one of three topics (weight management, blood pressure or cholesterol)
To request a session or fair at your workplace, just fill out and submit this online group health education form.
Employers can get started with this list of ways to promote health in the workplace (PDF).
Healthy living isn’t just for at home. Promote wellness in your workplace with the WalkingWorks® program.
- How to sponsor WalkingWorks in the workplace (PDF)
- How to start a WalkingWorks program (for employees) (PDF)
- Walking Works guide for employees (PDF)
- Walking works for everyone newsletter article (DOC)
- Walking basics newsletter article (DOC)
- WalkingWorks paycheck stuffer (PDF)
When it comes to getting healthy, many times you have to keep on trying. Keep on reminding your employees with these articles, newsletters, paycheck stuffers and posters.
You can copy and paste these articles into your own newsletter you send out to employees. Please note that they are Microsoft Word documents.
- Add steps to your day (DOC)
- Financial impact of smoking (DOC)
- High blood pressure is a leading cause of heart disease (DOC)
- Is alcohol a problem in your life? (DOC)
- Keep kids away from alcohol (DOC)
- Manage your cholesterol (DOC)
- Need to lose weight? (DOC)
- Put down that saltshaker (DOC)
- Quit the Nic helps smokers (DOC)
- Signs of diabetes (DOC)
- Walking basics (DOC)
- Walking works for everyone (DOC)
- Warning – Smoking is harmful to your health (DOC)
You can print and hand out or email these Healthy Steps newsletters to employees.
- Exercise (PDF)
- Healthy Heart (PDF)
- Immunization (PDF)
- Managing Asthma (PDF)
- Managing Diabetes (PDF)
- Medications (PDF)
- Men’s Health (PDF)
- Mental Health (PDF)
- Nutritious Diet (PDF)
- Prevention (PDF)
- Safety (PDF)
- Women’s Health (PDF)
These health and wellness tips are designed to be handed out with your employees' paychecks.
- Eat your fruits and veggies (PDF)
- Remember to use sunscreen (PDF)
- Tips to avoid holiday stress (PDF)
- Immunizations help prevent childhood diseases (PDF)
- Don’t play the numbers game: get a blood pressure reading (PDF)
- Keep your back in line (PDF)
- Do you know the signs of depression? (PDF)
- April is Alcohol Awareness Month (PDF)
- Are you at risk for diabetes? (PDF)
- Protect your heart from the effects of high cholesterol (PDF)
- An annual PSA screening can detect cancer early (PDF)
- Quit the Nic (PDF)
- WalkingWorks (PDF)
- What are migraine headaches? (PDF)
- A mammogram can see more than meets the eye (PDF)
- Great American Smokeout (PDF)
- Colon cancer screening can be a life-saver (PDF)
Put healthier living in sight and in mind with these posters you can display around your workplace.
- Control your diabetes (PDF)
- Control your weight (PDF)
- Curb your drinking (PDF)
- Healthy Blue Living online resources (PDF)
- Know your cholesterol (PDF)
- Maintain healthy blood pressure (PDF)
- Quit smoking (PDF)