Health Advocate™ Toolkit
Who is this for?
Employers who offer Blue Care Network plans that aren't self-funded may be interested in the Health Advocate program. Use this toolkit to learn more about it and educate your employees.
Health care can be complicated. It's likely your employees will need some help sorting through it all.
Health Advocate is a free phone service that will free up your staff's time. Your employees can talk directly to an expert to get help with their complex health care problems.
Read our Health Advocate employer flier (PDF) for the top reasons the program could benefit your employees.
You can print out these materials for your employees or send them in an email.
- The Health Advocate brochure (PDF) gives an overview of the program.
- If you have an employee publication, you can include this Health Advocate article (PDF).
- You can download our Health Advocate flier each month and email it to your employees. It provides information about national health observances.
Feeling the December blues? (PDF)
How it works
With Health Advocate, a personal advocate will be provided to help your employees and their family members:
- Sort through information from doctors, dentists, specialists and other health care professionals
- Schedule appointments and arrange for second opinions
- Set up special procedures and tests
- Get answers about test results, diagnoses and medications
- Research newest treatment options
- Transfer medical records, X-rays and lab results
- Negotiate payment plans for out-of-network medical bills
- Understand their appeal rights for bills from doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals
- Find in-home care, adult day care, assisted living and long-term care
- Understand Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare supplemental plans
- Coordinate care between different doctors and hospitals
- Research transportation to appointments