How to tell employees about PCMH
Who is this for?
If you're an employer, this information will help you spread the word about the benefits of the patient-centered medical home (PCMH) program to your employees.
Think your employees would be interested in a program that keeps the quality of health care up and costs down?
Then you might be interested in telling them about the patient-centered medical home (PCMH) program.
What is PCMH?
In a patient-centered medical home, one doctor leads a care team that focuses on keeping a patient healthy instead of just treating them when they are sick. Studies show that PCMH practices reduce unnecessary use of health care by as much as 19 percent.
Here are some resources to help employees learn about PCMH. They can switch to a PCMH-designated doctor no matter what plan they have.
Online or print resources
- Article about PCMH for employee newsletters
- PCMH fact sheet (PDF)
- PCMH flier (PDF)
- PCMH graphic (800x792 JPG) (400x321 JPG)
- Find a PCMH-designated doctor in Michigan
- BCBSM Patient-Centered Medical Home Program
- Patient-Centered Medical Home at Northside Medical Center
- Patient-Centered Medical Home at Day One Family Healthcare
- Patient-Centered Medical Home at Chelsea Health Center
- Enhanced Care Delivery: An interview with Dr. Gregg Stefanek
- Enhanced Care Delivery: An interview with Dr. Mary Ellen Benzik