How to tell employees about PCMH
Think your employees would be interested in a program that keeps the quality of health care up and costs down?
Then you might be interested in telling them about the patient-centered medical home (PCMH) program.
What is PCMH?
In a patient-centered medical home, one doctor leads a care team that focuses on keeping a patient healthy, instead of just treating them when they are sick. Studies show that PCMH practices reduce unnecessary use of health care by as much as 22 percent. You can read this edition of BluesMarketplace℠ for more information.
Here are some resources to help employees learn about PCMH. They can switch to a PCMH-designated doctor no matter what plan they have.
Online or print resources
- Article about PCMH for employee newsletters
- PCMH fact sheet (PDF)
- PCMH FAQ brochure (PDF)
- PCMH flier (PDF)
- PCMH graphic (800x792 JPG) (400x321 JPG)
- List of PCMH-designated doctors in Michigan (PDF)
- BCBSM Patient-Centered Medical Home Program
- Patient-Centered Medical Home at Northside Medical Center
- Patient-Centered Medical Home at Day One Family Healthcare
- Patient-Centered Medical Home at Chelsea Health Center
- Enhanced Care Delivery: An interview with Dr. Gregg Stefanek
- Enhanced Care Delivery: An interview with Dr. Mary Ellen Benzik