How to use Group Secured Services
Who is this for?
If you manage an employer-sponsored insurance plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network, this article gives you an overview of how to manage your account online.
Before you can register
The first thing you’ll need to do is decide who’ll be the principal administrator for your online account. That person will have legal authority to act for the company while managing your employer-sponsored insurance online.
There’s a list of everything that’s expected of a principal administrator in the Secured Services Website Administrator Agreement (PDF).
The principal administrator needs to be confirmed for your company and the information must exactly match what is stored in our systems before registering for Group Secured Services. If you're unsure how your information is stored, please contact account services and we'll help.
- For customers in Southeast and Central Michigan, call 1-877-722-6030
- For customers in West Michigan, call 1-800-635-6439
- For customers in the Upper Peninsula, call 1-800-562-7812
Next, the principal administrator should go to Group Customer Registration and follow all the steps. You’ll need your group number or facets number and the last four digits of your company’s tax ID.
If you have questions or problems at any time, call 1-877-258-3932.
What you can do online
Your online account has a lot of tools and resources for managing your employer-sponsored health insurance. Using the login button above in the upper right navigation bar, select "Employer," enter your user name and password and click "Login." Then, depending on your plan(s), you’ll be able to:
- View group and member information, add and update member contracts, request ID cards and more through eMCS (electronic Membership Collection System) or eMVP (electronic Membership Viewing and Processing)
- Access your group account billing information online through eBilling
- View, download and email benefit guides for employees
Other online resources include:
- Manuals to help you manage your health plan
- Information about health spending account plans—also known as consumer-directed health care plans
- Wellness education materials to share with your employees
- Updates on the Michigan Operating System transition