MyBlue Medigap℠ premiums
For MyBlue Medigap plans, certain factors may affect your monthly premium. We base your premium on the area you live in and your age, gender, height, weight, and whether you use tobacco.
Please note: If you are submitting your application within six months after you first enrolled for benefits under Medicare Part B or if you are within the guaranteed issue period, your premium will not be affected by your weight, height, tobacco use, health status, claims experience, receipt of health care or medical condition. In the outline of coverage (PDF), we refer to either status as your “Special Enrollment” period. In all cases, Blue Care Network will not reject your application based on your health status or your age.
Your premium is based on your current age and will change as you age; the change will be reflected each year on the date of renewal. We can only raise your premium if we raise the premium for all policies like yours in Michigan.
Find your monthly premium
Follow these steps:
- Use our Body Mass Index (BMI) chart (PDF) to determine your BMI value. Your BMI value is based on your height and weight and will tell you which rating tier you belong in.
- Click the rate table link below based on which of the following statements applies to you:
- I have enrolled in Medicare Part B within the last six months. or, I am within the guaranteed issue period.
- Not sure what the “guaranteed issue period” refers to above? Find out now.
- I have been enrolled in Medicare Part B for more than six months and am not within the guaranteed issue period. Choose from Plans A, F, M or N below.
- Plan A premiums (PDF)
- Plan F premiums (PDF)
- Plan M premiums (PDF)
- Plan N premiums (PDF)
- Find your rate in the appropriate table linked above. Here’s how:
- Find the plan option that’s right for you and the Tier in which you belong based on your BMI value.
- If you live in a ZIP code that begins with 480 through 485, you are in Area 1
- If you live in any other ZIP code in Michigan, you are in Area 2
- Once you find the correct table, scroll down the first column to find your age. Your premium will be shown at the right, based on whether you use tobacco and whether you’re male or female.
To learn more, please see our example of how to calculate your monthly MyBlue Medigap premium (PDF).
Your payment options
Complete the Authorization Agreement for Automatic Payments form (PDF) to have premiums automatically deducted from your bank account. To pay by personal check, money order or cashier’s check, download the MyBlue Medigap Application for Coverage form (PDF) for payment details. Premium payments are due the 5th of each month.
MyBlue Medigap offers access to any hospital, doctor or other health care provider in the U.S. or its territories that accepts Medicare assignment. The plan does not require members to use a specified provider network. MyBlue Medigap is a Medigap plan administered by Blue Care Network. Certain factors may affect the monthly premium cost: geographic location of the applicant’s residence, age, gender, height, weight and whether the applicant uses tobacco. Neither Blue Care Network nor agents authorized to sell Blue Care Network policies are connected with Medicare.