Fraud Case Files
Real-life health care fraud cases in Michigan
A Southfield social worker uses seniors' insurance information to submit phony claims.
A northern Michigan physician illegally prescribes painkillers to patients.
A man copies a coworker's insurance information to fill prescriptions for a dangerous and addictive painkiller.
A chiropractor prescribes more than $1.5 million worth of medically unnecessary back braces to senior citizens.
Read about these and other true stories from our fraud case files below.
- Physical therapy clinic uses casino for scam
- Telemarketing fraud targets Blues members
- Pharmacy fraud costs millions
- Pain management doctor convicted of paying kickbacks
- The case of the missing toenails
- Physician assistant has members hypnotized
- Self-treatment raises ethical concerns
- Adrian man allegedly scams $1.7M in premiums
- West Branch plastic surgeon convicted of fraud
- Limited license psychologist convicted of fraud
- Chiropractor bills for services he didn't provide
- Ineligible subscriber
- Podiatrist found guilty of health care fraud
- Okemos psychologist convicted of fraud
- Attentive member spots improper charges
- Dentist illegally prescribes medication, goes to prison
- Kalamazoo social worker sentenced to prison
- Fraudulent doctor is made-for-TV drama