Fraud Case Files
Real-life health care fraud cases in Michigan
A Southfield social worker uses seniors' insurance information to submit phony claims.
A northern Michigan physician illegally prescribes painkillers to patients.
A man copies a coworker's insurance information to fill prescriptions for a dangerous and addictive painkiller.
A chiropractor prescribes more than $1.5 million worth of medically unnecessary back braces to senior citizens.
Read about these and other true stories from our fraud case files below.
- Scheme targeting elderly customers hits close to home
- Provider convicted of falsifying patient records
- Registered nurse forges prescriptions
- Truth and consequences
- The self-prescribing dentist
- Popular con job targets unemployment benefits
- Social worker massages the truth to make money
- A bitter pill: Pharmacy owner punished for repackaging and reselling drugs
- Southeast Michigan doctor pleads guilty to writing fraudulent prescriptions
- Fraud charges stick on Band-Aid scam