Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan enrollment blitz to help consumers avoid last minute health care sign-up blues
‘3,2,1 Enroll’ sessions will help people select the right plan by March 31 deadline
March 11, 2014
DETROIT— With less than a month to enroll in a health plan, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are hosting ‘3 2 1 Enroll’ day. On Friday, March 21, four free education and enrollment sessions will be offered across Michigan. Events will give individuals who don’t qualify for Medicaid or Medicare an opportunity to learn about health care reform and insurance coverage options from experts. All events are open to the public, and will offer kids activities, refreshments and giveaways.
- March 21, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Hope United Methodist Church, 26275 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield
Messiah Missionary Baptist Church, 513 Henry S.E., Grand Rapids
Tithe Missionary Baptist Church, 1415 W Holmes Rd, Lansing
- March 21, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Fraser Activity Center, 34935 Hidden Pine Dr, Fraser
In order to personalize service and provide each attendee with the most relevant information possible, participants interested in learning more about or enrolling in health plans will be helped based on their unique financial and health needs. Here’s how:
- Subsidy Eligibility: Individuals will gain a better understanding of whether or not they might be eligible for financial assistance on the marketplace. Individuals are encouraged to text “4Subsidy” to 222-752 or visit bcbsm.com/subsidy to see if they qualify for lower costs prior to attending the event.
- Exploring Plan Options: Individuals will learn about health plans and discuss which plans may best fit their needs with the help of a health insurance expert.
- Enrolling in a Health Plan: Blues agents certified to navigate the marketplace will be available to enroll individuals on-site or to set up an appointment for a later date. Individuals ready to enroll should have their estimated 2014 income and employer coverage information on hand. For more information on what consumers need to enroll, visit HealthCareReformBasics.com/preparetobuy.
Consumers can also enroll in a BCBSM plan online or connect with their local independent Blues agent. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Walk-in Centers will continue to offer extended hours, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., through March 31. Health Plan Advisors are available at 877-469-2583, through the live chat feature on bcbsm.com, or you can request a callback.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, a nonprofit mutual insurance company, is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BCBSM provides and administers health benefits to more than 4.4 million members residing in Michigan in addition to employees of Michigan-headquartered companies who reside outside the state. For more company information, visit bcbsm.com and MiBluesPerspectives.com.