Michigan minority- and women-owned companies honored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for contribution to health care value
Feb. 21, 2014
DETROIT— Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan honored seven women- and minority- owned businesses Thursday as part of its ninth annual Supplier Diversity Achievement Awards program. More than 250 guests attended the event at the Blues’ South Lyon conference center, where 12 awards were distributed by BCBSM and its subsidiaries, Accident Fund Holdings and LifeSecure Insurance Company.
The Annual Supplier Diversity Achievement Awards recognize the remarkable impact of diverse suppliers on Michigan’s economy and population health. Women- and minority- business enterprises honored during today’s event include:
- Collabera – 2013 New Diverse Supplier of the Year Award
- W3R Consulting – 2013 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award for Minority Business Enterprises (MBE)
- AMI Strategies – 2013 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award for Women’s Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Workplace Solutions – Accident Fund Holdings 2013 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award
- SHI International – LifeSecure 2013 Diverse Supplier Achievement Award
- CAZMA – 2013 Health Care Value Diverse Supplier Achievement Award
- V2Soft Inc – A member of the 2013 Team Project Award
"In a time of sweeping, fundamental changes across health care and the rest of the marketplace, strong partnership and collaboration are essential," said BCBSM President and CEO Daniel J. Loepp. "We are proud of our partnerships with diverse suppliers. They play a significant role as the Blues work to deliver value and quality to our customers and all our stakeholders across Michigan."
BCBSM’s partnerships with diverse suppliers are a cornerstone to the procurement process at Blue Cross. The company and its procurement team have received national and local acclaim for their commitment to diversity within Blue Cross and beyond with numerous awards, including:
- Advocate and Buyer of the Year Awards, 2012, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
- Corporation of the Year Award in Finance and Insurance Services, 2013, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council.
"This is the ninth year of celebrating our strong partnerships with diverse- and women- owned businesses and we are proud of our track record and ever increasing support of the community,” said Tricia Keith, senior vice president of Corporate Secretary and Services.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, a nonprofit mutual insurance company, is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BCBSM provides and administers health benefits to more than 4.4 million members residing in Michigan in addition to employees of Michigan-headquartered companies who reside outside the state. For more company information, visit bcbsm.com and MiBluesPerspectives.com.