Medicare Retiree Drug Subsidy FAQ
- What's the Medicare Retiree Drug Subsidy?
The Retiree Drug Subsidy Program is designed to encourage employers and unions to continue providing high-quality prescription drug coverage to their Medicare-eligible retirees.
- Are the Retiree Drug Subsidy and Part D Subsidy the same program?
he Part D Subsidy is a program administered by the Social Security Administration that reduces out-of-pocket costs paid by Part D enrollees.
- Why am I unable to view costs if Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan submitted a mainframe cost report?
The most common reason why you are unable to view costs is because we are not designated as the vendor to report costs.
- Why did BCBSM report costs for fewer retirees than submitted in my initial retiree upload file to CMS?
CMS reviews the file of Medicare-eligible retirees submitted by plan sponsors to determine which retirees are eligible for subsidy.
- How long are costs available to build a payment request?
Cost reports are available until a payment request is complete.