Agent Contracting Training
We're glad to have you as a new Blues agent. To support you, we offer an online training program. Each new agent is required to successfully complete the course before he or she can begin selling Blues products.
The Agent Contracting Training program is an interactive learning experience. Throughout the lessons, candidates must answer questions correctly to proceed to the next topic.
- The history and heritage of the Blues
- Roles and responsibilities of the managing agent and general agent
- Agent resources available on bcbsm.com.
- Group and individual business eligibility and enrollment requirements
- Subscriber and dependent requirements
- Rate classifications
- Proposal and quote development
- Blues products for groups and individuals
It takes at least 90 minutes to finish the course. Follow these steps to begin:
- Contact a managing agent or general agent to receive an access code for registration to our training site. You will use this access code only once.
- Enter our training site.
- Go to I have never enrolled on this site on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Go to the Log In ID box and enter your access code.
- Click Continue.
- Create a personal user ID and password and a short profile. You'll use this user ID and password whenever you log in to the training website.
- Start the training course.
Once you successfully complete the training program, print your Certificate of Completion. Give it and a copy of your Michigan state license to your managing agent or general agent, who will provide you with additional training to complete the contracting process.
This training, along with the guidance of your managing or general agent, will get you off to a great start in your career as a Blues agent.